Monday, November 16, 2009

Race Week

It's official.
Race week is here.
6 days to go.
I fly to Arizona on Thursday.
My bags are getting packed.
my nerves and anxiety are building.
The miles are in the bank.
I have my plan and I have to stick to it.
I have been worried about the run since the surgery. I ran 5 miles yesterday OUTSIDE and felt good. I am going to try to run a 9:1 interval (run 9 minutes, walk 1 minute). but if I need more, than plan B will be a 4:1 interval. this also helps keep my mind occupied.
Lou and IronGreg will have their running shoes on. Each loop is roughly 8 miles...I hope they are ready to run 8 miles each! haha.
Here goes nothing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Melissa! I know you will have great race!

tri-ing races not cases said...

Your miles are in the bank and you are going to do fantastic! Can't wait to watch on line.