Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Recovery and Training

As I wind down my body from a long first season. I have lots to think about. Now keep in mind that I still have my first marathon in 2 1/2 weeks - which I want to do NOW! I am ready for my time off. I am ready to stand at my own finish line look back and see how far I've come - what got me here and where else I will go.

This week is recovery from Naylor's - which my knee desperately needs - as well as continued training for San Fran. Hmm how do I acomplish both? With wine? Why yes, that is correct.

Sunday night - post race hummus dinner and a glass of wine. Then asleep around 7:30.
Monday night - sushi and a beer.
Tuesday night - get a phonophoresis treatment on my knee - will be doign this regularly until san fran. and then what? 2 hours on the elliptical! what? no no no. I mean I do need my new marathon outfit to train in and new sneakers. So I head off to road runner with one of my san fran running mates, katharine. and i mean 3 monkeys is right there. my as well just skip the training tonight and do it in the morning instead and have more hummus and wine. yes. that sounds good. but mmm those monkey fries sound awfully tasty! ok hummus, fries, and a glass of wine. ahhhh. now that's more like it.
Wednesday morning - 4:40am. Alarm clock goes off. um gross! why did I skip training last night? Ok ok - katharine and i meet at the gym at 5am for a 2 hour elliptical session. i sure am regretting those fries right about now!

But - I have been able to have some wine. and then today I get lunch at a new client's restaurant Osaka! ok - twist my arm! I love having all star clients like this!

See ya on the elliptical, don't mind the bottle of wine in the cup holder!

5 comments:

Diane said...

Now that's the Fave I know and love!

Unknown said...

Ditto on what Di wrote!

sq

Anonymous said...

Wine = yummy carbs!

TriGirl 40 said...

I think more wine is needed in your nutrition plan.

margo said...

i've been subbing tri workouts for liver workouts all week - it's great!