Monday, March 8, 2010

Princess Fave

Yesterday was the Disney Princess Half Marathon in Orlando , Florida.
Plan of attack: hang with my friend, Princess DJM and have fun!

Princess Cathy and I flew to Florida on Fridya night. Delayed flight...almost missing our flight...we made it. And finally made it to our hotel around 1am friday ngiht/saturday morning.

Saturday we headed off to the expo and toodled around town. Dinner at T-Rex at Downtown Disney. We met some of my growing-up friends for dessert - I passed on ice cream. :(

Sunday morning started EARLY. a 2:30am wake-up call. I tossed and turned all night trying to figure out why I am doing this. I mean it's just for fun anyways. and what fun is waking up so damn early. If it weren't for knowing that Princess DJM was waiting for me and Princess Cathy at the start line, I totally would have said forget it - and jsut gone to the parks to play...after sleeping in of course.
but we made it to the bus and o the race. It ws SO COLD! Coldest race I have ever done. and I was not prepared for it - I mean I was in Florida after all. but no 30-something degrees sucks. My hands were SO cold. good thing I had packed capris...even though they had a hole in the crotch. I was wearing a skirt on top of them.
the time was nearing. about 1 minute before the fireworks (ironman has a canon, Princess gets fireworks), I looked at Princess DJM and let her know I felt the rumble - it was going to be a long day.
I could not warm up, but kept moving foward. finally a couple miles I was able to strip off the long sleeved shirt. although I wished i had it back later!
along the way we saw chip and Dale, Princess minnie and Mickey, cinderella, Tiana, ariel, jack sparrow, genie, aladdin, tarzan, peter pan, pinochip and gepeto, woody, gosh so many charachers! I think w  stopped at least 20 times. but the lines move fairly quickly.

Cons: 2 port-o-jon stops, cant in road, narrow roads with 15,000 people gets a little congested, pants with a hole in the crotch is really uncomfrtable.

Pros: a race like no other, pixie dust at the finish line, and most of all - the smile on Princess DJM's face.

After a short nap, Princess Cathy and I headed to a day at Magic Kingdon for some rides.

Unfortunautely the bell man was at my door at 2:15 this morning and the bus was there at 2:30 to take me to the airport.

Thank you to SQ for the ride home. and to IronGreg for letting me in the condo that he locked me out of :)

Pictures to come. Princess DJM has them and she is still playing at the parks with her lovely family.

No comments: