Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Upper Gauley

Friday afternoon I am on my way to West Virginia.

(to quote Ace Rafting)
"The Fall Upper Gauley River is simply the best one-day whitewater run in America...period! It's wild. It's big. It's the Super Bowl of Rafting. Come find out why the Fall Gauley is the benchmark by which all the world's rivers are measured."

Sure I've been rafting a handful of times...in high school!!!! I will be spending the day cruising thru 5 class V rapids and handfuls of others....I sure do hope I stay in the boat! Move over Kevin Bacon - here I come!

No worries, I will be back afterwards so I can run 20 miles on Sunday morning!
Glutton? Why yes I am! And I will see you at the finish line, too!

And of course there may be a ride thrown in on sunday afternoon after the 20 miler.
Just for an off season workout dessert. yummy!

1 comment:

TriGirl 40 said...

I did my first (and only, so far, unfortunately) white water rafting ride during the Upper Gauley a few years back.

I LOVED IT!

Glad you did, too - maybe a TRIgirl off season trip for next year?