Wednesday, May 12, 2010

2011

Yes it's only the 2nd quarter of 2010.
But in Ironman world, you have to register for races a year in advance, so it's really never too early to plan ahead for your next year's schedule.
I have been dying to do Vineman 70.3.
then I decided I want to do an Ironman, too.
But the only Ironman that works is Wisoconsin and I hear more bad reviews than good.
Then someone "slapped me upside the head" (or emailed me) to bring to my attention one minor little detail.
not only is there Vineman 70.3....
there's Vineman FULL!
*cue angels singing*
it's like killing two birds with one stone.
And I mean hello! bike and run through wine country with a wine-induced vacay post-race...
twist my arm!
where do I sign up?!
(no, registration is not open yet, but I will continue to check obsessively untoil it does).

now yes I do remember that work and Ironman trainign don't always get along and I miss more workouts than I should.
and yes I remember that my body doesn't really cre for Ironman training and ocne a month I was laid up with a fever...respitory infection....etc....
I know I am not fast. I never will be. I don't train to be fast. I do too much to train all the time.
It's hard watching others have the ability to train and make progress.
but you know what - I am hitting the same finish line (albeit behind them).
but I liek to wear many hats.
and I want to do another Ironman. (becasue baby time is soon approaching!)

so there it is.
Vineman.
Full.
July 2011.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! :)

Tea said...

Very very cool! Vineman is one of my choices for 2012. The nice part about the non-branded races is that you don't have to sign up a year in advance. It gives you alot more flexibility.

j & shea said...

you'll rock it. ;)