Thursday, July 23, 2009

IMUSA

Tomorrow I am heading out to cheer on IronGreg and lots of my friends who are all participating in Ironman USA in Lake Placid, NY.

This weekend will make so many memories and I look forward to sharing them with everyone.

I have my handy-dandy (and maybe a bit OCD) excel charts showing everyone's *estimated* split times in one and another one with the times I will be standing at specific posts and who I am looking out for.

I have my sister's nice camera (thank you sister) so I can be sure to capture those action shots!

I have packed half my wardrobe and then some, so hopefully I will be prepared for the freakish weather of Lake Placid. And I can fend off any alligators, too.

And yes, the wetsuit is already in Lake Placid with IronGreg so I can take a few dips around the course and follow the cable like one of the pros. Too bad the bike isn't coming. Darn. (Sarcasm? From me?)

I will have my phone on me, so I will try to touch base with some of you throughout the day. And if you are away from the computer and need some IM updates, feel free to give me a call. (if you don't have my number I guess you are SOL huh).
Remember to go to www.ironman.com to track our FAVulous athletes.

Kick butt, my friends.

The greatest oak was once a little nut who held its ground. ~Author Unknown

Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did. ~Newt Gingrich

The race is not always to the swift, but to those who keep on running. ~Author unknown, in reference to Ecclesiastes 9:11

One may go a long way after one is tired. ~French Proverb

1 comment:

mommy to 2, feels like 4. said...

Have a wonderful trip, keep us updated!