Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Tooth Fairy?

After griping for the past 3 or so years, I am finally getting my tooth fixed! After my trip to the dentist this morning all appointments have been made and in early January I will have my new front tooth!

Some of you may be wondering what the heck I am talking about. Well my freshman year of college I went for my routine cleaning. I went to my dentist that I had seen all my life since my first tooth. He noticed soemthing wrong with my front tooth. He asked me if years ago I rememeber hitting my tooth really hard. Hmm. I do not. and neither does my mom. Typicl kid, I guess. Well the prognosis was that I have a calcified tooth - so it experienced what they call "tooth trauma" (that makes me laugh) and has a crack down the middle of it and died and gave itself a root canal. So yup - I gots myself one of them dead tooths. The root sealed itself shut (thatta girl) so they can't get into it to do any work. so after years of dealing with it and hating seeing it in pictures and ahandful of dentists later who all tell me about it - um thanks.

I am getting it taken care of starting next week. I start with impressions for nightly whitening for two weeks -which they said makes you teeth sensitive and no red wine for two weeks! Then I go for the crown...dum dum dum. I have never even had a filling! yikes! I have to continue whitening monthly forever to kep my real teeth matching the crown, espcially since it is dead smack in the front! But I am VERY excited (no matter the cost) that I will have a pretty tooth again!
So...before...


No comments: