Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Cheers to 2008

I am going to hop on the resolution bandwagon. I read what these great goals, personal and training, that my fellow bloggers are shooting to accomplish in 2008. I haven't even thought about haveing a resolution or goal.

I used to say i was going to quit smoking, but now I am 2 years smoke free, so I guess I can't use that one anymore.

I always say I am going to lose a few pounds, but well with training I try not to think about it too terribly much.

So in 2008...
~ finish a century ride. There are 3 things i want to do prior to really thinking of doing a full Ironman: finish at least 1 half ironman, run a marathon, and ride a century. I have done 2 out of the 3 in 2007, so in 2008 I hope to ride a century.
~ finish my races with my chin held high - no more being down for not trying harder or doing this or that. Taking each race as it is.
~ I would love to buy a condo in 2008!!! The search is underway, so here's hoping. This may not be directly triathlon related, but indirectly it is. I have to tighten the triathlon toy budget to prove to myself that I can do it.
~ increase my strength in all disciplines.
~ When on the bike push it harder and still "stop to smell the roses". Throughout the season my cycling suffered. I slowed down more and then was bummed when my times showed that. To race fast, you have to train fast.
~ cut back on my shopping addiction. Sigh. I love clothes.

The other part to the new year is the annual word. Last year I used the word "badass". Everytime I felt I needed motivation I thought to myself that I wanted to be badass like my training peoples. Everytime I felt good I said "yeah, i'm a badass - booyah!" So what is my word for 2008. My 'A' races are White Lake Half and Timberman 70.3 finsihing off the season with the Richmond Marathon. So what word will emcompass my goals.
Dream.
Dare.
Balance.
Push.
Want.
I think my word needs to be BALANCE. Balance life. I let myself get caught up in life too much.
But my word is PUSH. Push myself to my limits. Push my friends to theirs.

2 comments:

TriGirl 40 said...

Push the cart to Target to purchase a wine cube.

Seriously - sounds like a motivating word!

Diane said...

Ruh roh! Sounds like the rest of us are in trouble!