Monday, March 19, 2007

It begins...

I finished my first race of 2007 - the Shamrock 8k. With about 10 other TG's, we hit the beach and boardwalk for the race. It was a good Friday night - wine and chatting. Perfect.


Race day came and we all piled into monica's SUV. Brrrr it was cold out there. But we are tough - we don't let a little chill and wind stop us. The 20 mph headwinds (according to weather.com) definitely were not ideal, but we all finished! Unfortunately, though, it was nto the ideal way to have my first race of 2007 - 49:53 - a 10:00 mile :( I know I should be happy that I finished, but I am disappointed in my time. At the same time, I will hope that this will help give me the extra push to run faster and outside my comfy pace for the 10k and duathlon coming up.


I am shooting for the 10k to finish in under an hour. It can be 59:59 - anything under an hour. And for the duathlon I am reaching for 27:00, 1:05:00, 28:00. Thankfully TG Diane is going to do the course with me this Saturday in preperation!! And since my brother will be in town Easter weekend he might do the du with me and go slow and push me along the way to go faster (he said he will make me cry by pushing haha) He has the Atlanta Inaugural Marathon this weekend!! yay!


But for now...retail therapy makes you faster! Thank you Short Pump.

3 comments:

Ro said...

I'm really proud of you for getting out there and kicking some butt in such cold weather! You may not have hit your time goal, but it'll make you work that much harder for your next race! You can do it! Congrats :-)

Jonah Holland said...

Melissa, those look like some really great times...I hope you can make your goals!

TriGirl 40 said...

Congrats on the awesome race - you looked great out there! I laughed when you mentioned the 9:59 pace on the forum!